The Daren M. Hidalgo Memorial Fund seeks to assist wrestlers and band members who have strength of character, a strong academic record, commitment to pursue a post-secondary education, and a desire to contribute to society.
AMOUNT: The scholarship in the amount of $5,000 for tuition and books will be paid out as a lump sum award.
The eligibility criteria for the Daren M. Hidalgo Scholarship are as follows:
- Enrolled full time as a high school senior progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2020, with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- A strong commitment to pursuing and completing a post-secondary program at an accredited institution.
- Involvement in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Past and continued good behavior, both in and out of school.
- United States citizenship.
- Member of the Dallastown Wrestling Team or Dallastown Band.
To apply for the Daren M. Hidalgo Scholarship all documentation must be postmarked or emailed by March 27, 2020.
- Students must submit the Daren M. Hidalgo Memorial Scholarship application. Be as complete as possible while filling out this application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Forms must be typed or neatly printed.
- Students must submit a copy of SAT/ACT scores and their official high school transcript.
- Students must submit a recommendation letter from a wrestling coach or band director.
- Each applicant will be evaluated based on following areas:
- SAT/ACT Scores & High School WGPA
- Strength of wrestling coach/band director recommendation
- Applicant’s extra-curricular activities and honors, work experience, leadership positions and distinguishing qualifications
- Career aspirations based on content, and clarity of ambitions
- Please mail all supporting documents to the following address:
Daren M. Hidalgo Scholarship
1664 Sky Blue Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
The scholarship will be presented at the 2020 Dallastown Senior Awards Ceremony or through email notification NLT than June 7 since the Coronavirus crisis has shut down the Dallastown Area School District.