The Daren M. Hidalgo Memorial Fund seeks to assist Dallastown High School seniors who have strength of character, a strong academic record, commitment to pursue a post-secondary education, and a desire to contribute to society.
AMOUNT: The scholarship in the amount of $5,000 for tuition and books will be paid out as a lump sum award.
The eligibility criteria for the Daren M. Hidalgo Scholarship are as follows:
- Enrolled full time as a high school senior progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2022, with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- A strong commitment to pursuing and completing a post-secondary program at an accredited institution.
- Involvement in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Past and continued good behavior, both in and out of school.
- United States citizenship.
To apply for the Daren M. Hidalgo Scholarship all documentation must be postmarked or emailed by March 25, 2022.
- Students must submit the Daren M. Hidalgo Scholarship application. Be as complete as possible while filling out this application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Forms must be typed or neatly printed.
- Students must submit their official high school transcript.
- Students must submit two recommendation letters from either a teacher, coach, principal. guidance counselor, or employer.
- Each applicant will be evaluated based on following areas:
- High School WGPA
- Strength of recommendation letters
- Applicant’s extra-curricular activities and honors, work experience, leadership positions and distinguishing qualifications
- Career aspirations based on content, and clarity of ambitions
- Please mail all supporting documents to the following address:
Daren M. Hidalgo Memorial Fund
Po Box 618
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
The scholarship award will be presented at the 2022 Dallastown Senior Awards Ceremony or through email notification if the event is changed due to the Coronavirus pandemic.